TECHNICAL INFORMATION (alphabetical)
= newly added item or revised item
- Aluminum Alloy Chemical Composition and Mechanical Properties from the Aluselect database
- Another Metric Converter! Choose between distance, volume, weight and temperature.
- ASTM to Metric Wire Mesh Screen Cross Reference
- Asynchronous 3 phase squirel cage motor data
- Basic chemical composition of (GOST - Russian Steel Standards) steel.
- Bearing technical data on ball & roller styles (NTN)
- Belt length Calculator This calculator will calculate the approximate belt length required for a belt and pulley drive system.
- Birmingham Gauges (B.G.) To Inches & Millimeters
- British standards (BS) & codes related to steel construction. A summary of BS steel standards.
- BSP/USA pipe O.D. (outside diameter) comparison chart
- BSP vs other pipe O.D.'s (outside diameters) - Some additional Pipe/Tube
Outside Diameter Comparisons
- BSPP Pipe Threads: Dimensions Of 'G' Threads
- Calculator will convert dimensions between inches and millimeters
- Caliper Use Instructions (for our $2.99 or less caliper)
- Chemical Compatibility Table for Seals: featuring several popular seal materials.
- Common types of pipe threads used in the piping industry
- Comparison Chart Aluminum: USA Popular grades vs several overseas grades:
- Comparison of ISO metric threads and MJ threads with the different tolerances and their advantages.
- Conversion Chart: Fraction/Decimal/Millimeter.
- Conversion Chart: fraction/decimal/mm
- Conversion Chart: Millimeter/Decimal.
- Conversion Chart: mm/decimal inch
- Conversion Chart: Density Conversion An online calculator.
- Conversion Chart: Converts Imperial (UK) recipe measurements to Metric measurements
- Conversion Factors (Including Metric)
- Conversion Factors (miscellaneous) many metric & scientific conversions.
- Conversion Factors (miscellaneous) general metric conversions.
- Conversion Table for Pressure: from psi to kg/cm2 and kg/cm2 to psi
- Conversion Table of Grades for Copper & Copper Alloys
- Copper Alloy Cross Reference
- Cross Recessed Drive, Head Dimension Comparison
- Diameters & Drilling of DIN Flanges (mm)
- Diameters & Pitches sheet metal screws & PT® screws for plastics.
- Diameters For PT® Screw Boss Design for plastics.
- Dimensions & Weights for pipes Covers medium weight pipes to DIN 2440 & heavy weight pipes to DIN 2441.
- Dimensions & Weights Of Steel Seamless & Welded Pipe Pipe Sizes between 00 - 10 inches
- Dimensions & Weights Of Steel Seamless & Welded Pipe Pipe Sizes between 12 - 36 inches
- DIN/Other Fastener Illustrations
- DIN 202 (German language version) A pictorial summary of DIN thread forms.
- DIN Flange Data Charts (many in trilingual format: English, Spanish, German)
- DIN Flange Gasket Data Charts
- DIN 267 part 9 / EN ISO 4042 Electroplated coatings: Callout codes
- DIN 7603 Copper Sealing rings - Size, material & dimension listing.
- DIN specs: T-Slots to DIN 650
- DIN specs: Thread end shapes DIN 78 extract
- DIN specs: Squares for Operating Spindles and Operating Parts to DIN 79 extract
- Drag and Drop Fastener Design Page: Visualize your fastener concepts.
- Elastomers/Materials (Some Chemical Terms, Abbreviations & Trade Names)
- Electrical Conductors Conversion Chart: International Standard Sizes - Diameter & Weights of Annealed Copper Stranded Conductors
- Electrical Conductors Conversion Chart: International Standard Sizes - Area & Resistance of Annealed Copper Stranded Conductors
- Electrical specs: Metric Conduit Trade Size Designators This is NOT true metric sized conduit. It is just the USA way to put a Metric designation onto USA trade sized (inch) conduit.
- Electronic Digital Caliper Maintenance Tips
- Electronic Digital Caliper Operating Instructions
- Fabric Conversion Table: Metric
- Fabric data conversion chart
- Fastener Section Technical Data Charts (section 1) (about 90 pages). They are in the printable PDF format.
- Fastener Section Technical Data Charts (section 2) (about 185 pages). They are in the printable PDF format.
- Flat Bar; Steel - Weight in kg per meter
- Force Conversion An online calculator.
- Gear Tooth Profiles (actual size) for metric module rack teeth.
- Guide to Seal Selection Tips
- Hardness Converison Chart: Brinell vs Rockwell
- Hardness Conversion Chart Comparison of Hardness Scales approx. and Tensile Stress Equivalents (maximum value) in imperial and metric units.
- Hardness & Mechanical properties for set screws per ISO 898/5
- Hexalobular drive internal dimensions for screws (DIN EN ISO 10664)
- How to read a metric 0.1 mm accuracy vernier caliper
- Hydraulic & Pneumatic Fitting Ends
- inch/mm Conversion Chart
- IP (intrusion protection) codes for electrical parts for European electrical systems
- Iron/Steel Wire Gauge Type Comparison Table
- ISO 68 Metric Thread Form Definition
- ISO property (strength) classes for steel bolts, screws, studs and nuts
- ISO specs: Method of Indicating Surface Finish to DIN ISO 1302
- ISO specs: General Tolerances to DIN ISO 2768 T1 and T2
- ISO specs: ISO 4092 ref: Plating thicknesses for threaded metric fasteners Explanation
- JIS O-Ring Sizes (JIS B 2401) & other JIS Series
- KM (DIN 981) Shaft Nut Dimension Chart
- Keyways - how to specify metric and BS keyways
- Maximum currents for copper wires
- MB (DIN 5406) Lockwasher Dimension Chart
- Material (worknorme/werkstoff) Numbers: A short listing of DIN Worknormes/Werkstoffs.
- Metals Industry Glossary: A fairly long listing of terms used in the metals industry.
- Metals Identification - Page Index: Thousands of standard numbers covering many countries -
Great Britain BS, Germany DIN, International ISO, Japan JIS, France NF, Switzerland VSM, Switzerland SN, Italy UNI, Euronorm EN, Euronorm (EN), China GB, China YB, by USA trade name
- Metals Weight [mass] Calculator (kg) Online calculator
- Metals specs: Table of international norms - a few popular steels
- Metals specs: Material Conversion Table: ASTM to DIN, BS & JIS
- Metals specs: Material Conversion Table for some Stainless steels - Werkstoff No., DIN, EN, AISI, BS, UNS, AFNOR, SS
Metals specs: General Steels Technical Info
- Metals specs: Structural Steels/(New European Designations)
- Metals specs: BS 3692 Mechanical properties of steel bolts and screws Data Chart
- Metals specs: BS 4360 HR Steel For General Engineering Purposes Data Chart
- Metals specs: EN 10025 (Euronorm 10025) Steel Norms
- Metals specs: List of national European Steel Standards corresponding to EURONORM
- Metals specs: Numbering System for German Metals & Alloys. Material Numbers (Werkstoffnummer - WNR) An index to the WNR for Cast Type Steels by Casting Groups & Series of Numbers
- Metals specs: Numbering System for German Metals & Alloys. Material Numbers (Werkstoffnummer - WNR) An index to the WNR for General Steels by Steel Groups & Series of Numbers
- Metals specs: Numbering System for Germany Metals (DIN) Standard Numbers: A chart showing the relationship between the German standard (DIN) & the metal grade.
- Metals specs: Numbering System for Great Britain Metals (BS) Standard Numbers: A chart showing the relationship between the British standard (BS) & the metal grade.
- Metals specs: Numbering System for Switzerland Metals (VSM) Standard Numbers: A chart showing the relationship between the Swiss standard (VSM) & the metal grade.
- Metals specs: Stainless Steel Chemical Composition and Mechanical Properties
- Metals specs: Stainless Steel Grades U.S. standards plus many international standards
- Metals specs: Square & Round Bars: Conversions [Thickness to Weight(mass)]
- Metals specs: Sheets, Plates, Chequered Plates: Conversions [Thickness to Weight(mass)]
- Metals specs: Steel Thickness Conversion Table (gauge - inch - mm)
- Metals specs: Steel Grades - Materials - Miscellaneous
- Metals specs: Materials - International Material Grade Comparison Table (short listing)
- Metals specs: Materials - International Comparision of Standards Table (A short general listing of popular steel materials)
- Metals specs: Weight Calculator for Metric Sized Round Steel Tubing
- Metals specs: Titanium Grade 6Al-4V specifications
- Metals specs: Titanium Grade CP Grade 2 specifications
- Metals specs: Titanium Grades U.S. standard grades
- Metals specs from India - page index Includes: Rolled Steel Beams, Rolled Steel Equal &Unequal Angles, Specification of Steel For General Structural Purposes, Wires for Concrete Reinforcement (Rebar), Specification for Wire Rods.
- Metric - English Body Height and Weight (mass) Converter
- Metric - Stud Explanations All about metric stud configurations
- Metric ASTM Structural Fasteners Covers ASTM A325M & A490M
- Metric Conversion Chart - AWG / Metric Preferred Sizes of Conductors
- Metric GAUGE-IT Measuring Tool An inexpensive thread identification tool.
- Metric Kitchen Converters & Substitutions
- Miscellaneous metric electrical data charts Covering information on converting from PG to METRIC threads, cable outer diameters for PG & NPT, cross reference guide for AWG (american wire gauge) to mm², PG gland sizes for multi-wire cables.
- Motor mounting types according to DIN - IEC 34 , part 7
- Nominal NPT Pipe Size To Nominal Metric Size Conversion Chart
- Nominal pipe bores (I.D.) for scheduled sizes to BS 1600
- O-ring Cord Cut Length Calculator This calculator will calculate the cord length required for a spliced/vulcanized o-ring.
- O-ring Gland Dimensions
- O-ring Tolerances
- O-ring hardness and backup ring data
- Power, Speed & Torque Online Calculators
- Pressure Unit Converter - Online Calculator
- Pressure; Conversion Table - from psi to kg/cm2 and kg/cm2 to psi
- RAL - classic colors RAL is the european system for specifying uniform colors.
- Safety tips for rotating power transmission products
- Scientific calculator
- Screw Size to Key Size Chart. Selection/Interchangeability Table for Hex Keys
- Screw Thread JIS (Japanese Industrial Standard) Specifications Note: Although these specifications are based on JIS they also apply to ISO and DIN threads.
- Some practical formulas & weight calculators for Steel tubes Covers round, square & rectangular tubing plus weight conversion for any steel tube from kg/m & lb/ft.
- SITC code numbers Standard International Trade Classification for Iron and Steel Products.
- Some SI Tables & Geometric Unit Tables. Includes: SI Defined Units .... SI Derived Units .... SI Accepted Units Earth Constants .... Universal Constants .... Planck Constants Electromagnetic Constants .... Bohr Magneton .... Nuclear Magneton (Inverse) Fine Structure Constant .... Rydberg Constant .... Physical Constants Chemical Constants .... Boltzmann Constant .... Physico-chemical Constants Electron Constants .... Proton Constants .... Neutron Constants Energy Equivalence I .... Energy Equivalence II .... Energy Equivalence III Energy Equivalence IV .... Energy Conversion Factors I .... Energy Conversion Factors II Energy Conversion Factors III .... Energy Conversion Factors IV .... Atomic Units
- Sprocket Speed Ratio Online Calculators
- Spur gear dimensional formulas for module pitch gears
- Standards: Conversion chart for Polish Standards (PN/M) to DIN & ISO standard numbers
- Surface Roughness Tables
- Takes your weight (mass) in kilograms & works out your weight (mass) on other planets.
Thread Data Chart Page Index (covers Metric, USA, & British Threads)
- Thread Identication Chart (all in one version)
- Thread Identication Chart
- Thread Identication Chart Index
- Threads: Details of Standard Thread Forms - BSW, BSF, BA
- Threads: Details of Standard Thread Forms - BSPP, BSPF, BSPT, NPT, PG
- Threads: Details of Standard Thread Forms - M, UNC, UNF
Threads: Tapping drill sizes for taps in a multilingual format for thread types:
M, MF, EG M, EG MF, G, Rp, Rc/PT, Pg, MJ, W cyl, Tr, W tap, BSW, BSF, BA, NPT, NPTF, UNC, UNF, UNEF, UN, EG UNC(STI),
EG UNF(STI), UNJC, UNJF, & NPSM
- Threads: Limiting Dimensions of Standard Series Threads for Commercial Bolts, Nuts, and Screws.
- Tolerance Chart for Sealing Applications
Torque: A summary of Torque Technical Pages
- Torque Control Guide from FACOM Tools. With links to fastener torque specifications.
- Torque Conversion Calculator Online conversions for various torque units including N·m and ft.lbs.
- Torque Conversion An online calculator.
Standard Tightening Torque Values for Metric Screw Threads
- Torque Conversion Table
- Torque Value Tables
- Torque Conversion Scale
- Torque values chart in PDF format
- Torque: What is Torque (& Tension)?
- Torque: Guide to a Selection of Torque Values
- Two-way Converter (sorted by Category) Conversions cover: Acceleration, Angle, Area, Distance-Length, Electric charge, Electric current, Electric inductance, Electric potential, Electric resistance, Energy, Finance, Flux density, Illumination, Luminance, Luminous flux, Magnetic field strength, Magnetic field density, Mass-Weight, Money, Percentage, Power, Pressure, Radioactivity, Speed, Time interval, Time interval units, & Volume
- Universal Currency Converter from xe.com (requires an online connection)
- US & UK to Continental size equivalents Garment Conversion
- Using USA Coin Measures As Emergency Measurement Tools
- Wire gauge, tensile-strength, DC-resistance online calculators.
Note: there are many additional technical pages in:
- Fastener Section Technical Data Charts (section 1): about 90 pages in the printable
[ or Quick Access via a pop up page ]
Fastener Section Technical Data Charts (section 2): about 185 pages in the printable
[ or Quick Access via a pop up page ]
- Metals Catalog Section Technical Data Charts[
or Quick Access via a pop up page ]
= newly added item or revised item.
Many links from this page will only function if you are connected to the internet:
Phones: (800) 638-1830 or (410) 358-3130 are available Monday-Friday 8:30 AM to 5:30
PM Eastern time.
Faxes: (800) 872-9329 or (410) 358-3142 & E-mail are available anytime.
Warehouse & showroom hours are Monday-Friday 10 AM to 5:30 PM.
[ To: Maryland Metrics home page ] [ To: Maryland Metrics Product Guide ] [ e-mail to Maryland
Please note that all Trademarks and Tradenames are the property of their respective owners.
copyright 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015,
- all rights reserved - techindex.htm (5)
Click for these languages plus many other languages via a pop up page
Most links from the computer translated page will also automatically be translated
(Note: this feature does not work on .PDF files). Warning: due to the imprecise nature
of computerized translation, |
there will be errors in grammar, spelling & meaning.
Only the original English language version is deemed readable or sensible.